Yields or Serves: 4
I’ve been to India many times and love the culinary flavors. This delicious Indian favorite is super easy to make and is a satisfying dinner on chilly nights. Make sure to use full-fat coconut milk and serve with either white or brown rice.
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Onion (Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 1/2 Inch Piece Whole Ginger (Peeled and Minced)
- 2 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Cut Into Chunks)
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 (14 Ounce Cans) Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh Cilantro (Minced)
- 4 Cups Cooked White Or Brown Rice For Serving
- In large-size deep skillet heat coconut oil over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger. Cook 3 more minutes. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Stir in tomato paste, garam masala, cinnamon stick, paprika, kosher salt, tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 25 minutes until chicken has cooked through and tender. Add a bit of water if needed.
- Serve with white or brown rice and cilantro.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved