Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
These savory pancakes are incredibly versatile. Serve as a snack, or make them as Asian inspired wraps for chicken or pork.
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 6 Green Onions (Sliced)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Oil (Divided)
- 2 Cups Water
- In a frying pan, without oil, toast sesame seeds 3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to small-size bowl and mix with sesame oil.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, cornstarch, egg, sesame seed mixture, 2/3 of sliced green onions, kosher salt, and 2 cups water.
- In large-size frying pan heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Spoon batter into 3 inch circles. Cook 1 to 4 at a time depending on size of your frying pan. Fry pancakes on a medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining batter adding more peanut oil as needed.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with remaining green onions. Serve with additional hoisin dipping sauce.
- Serves 4
- Note: If you like things spicy mix in 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes in the batter. You could also whip up tiny versions and serve with your favorite toppings as an impressive appetizer.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved