Low-Fat Lemon Panna Cotta
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 Lemon (Washed)
- 11 Tablespoons Reduced Fat Milk (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 1/2 Cups Reduced-Fat Buttermilk
- Carefully peel rind from lemon making sure to avoid white pith. Squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from lemon.
- In small-size pan add lemon rind, 1/2 cup milk, half & half, sugar, and kosher salt. Bring to simmer over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Make sure NOT to boil. Remove pan from heat. Cover with lid and let sit 20 minutes. Remove rind.
- In small-size bowl sprinkle gelatin over remaining milk. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Return half & half mixture to a medium heat. Cook 1 minute until very hot. Add gelatin mixture. Stir with whisk until dissolved. Stir in buttermilk and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Divide mixture among 4 dessert glasses. Place in refrigerator 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved