Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bread, Cherry Tomatoes, Chorizo, Dinner, Fennel, Garlic, Martha's Vineyard, Mussels, Mussels With Tomato & Chorizo Broth, Oil, Olive Oil, Parsley, Pepper, Sea Air, Seafood, Spanish Chorizo, Summer, Summer Fun, The Lazy Way To Cook, Tomatoes, Victoria Hart Glavin, white wine, Wine, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I’ve been spending a lot of time on Martha’s Vineyard this summer. I love the abundance of seafood and how the sea air fills my senses. This one-pot dinner is so easy, made with sweet cherry tomatoes, earthy chorizo, and a splash of wine. Seriously, I can’t think of a better way to spend a summer evening. Make sure you have plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.
- 3 Ounces Dried Spanish Chorizo (Remove Casing & Slice Thin)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (Crushed)
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 5 Pounds Mussels (Scrubbed & Debearded)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Heat chorizo and olive oil in large-size heavy pot over a medium heat for 4 minutes until chorizo begins to brown and crisp. Stir occasionally. Add garlic and fennel seeds and cook 1 minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes and wine. Bring to simmer and add pepper. Cook 8 minutes. Add mussels. Cover and cook 6 minutes until mussels open up. Throw away any mussels that don’t open.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Top with chopped parsley along with crusty bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 22 Minutes Total Time: 47 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved