Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
For making roast beef to be served cold in sandwiches, make sure to choose a lean cut, such as top loin.
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves (Grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 1/2 Pounds Boneless Beef Top Loin Roast (Leave Fat On Top)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- In small-size bowl combine olive oil, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, and rosemary. Pour olive oil mixture all over roast. Very loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then place wire rack on top of baking sheet. Transfer roast to wire rack.
- Place in oven and roast for 80 minutes, until thermometer inserted into roast’s center reads 125 to 130 degrees for medium-rare.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cutting board. Let cool completely before carving. Trim off fat cap.
- You may make this roast beef up to 3 days ahead. Make sure to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Makes 8 hearty sandwiches.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen