Summer is here and it’s time to start taking advantage of delicious summer produce. Making a crostata is the easiest way to make a pie.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 1 Pie
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter (Cold)
- 6 To 8 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Cups Ripe Plums (Pitted & Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water a tablespoon at a time until flour is just moistened.
- Roll pastry into 14-inch circle and place on prepared baking sheet. Shape into 10-inch circle by forming 2-inch rim around outside edge. Prick bottom of pastry with a fork. Place in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry from oven.
- In large-size bowl combine plums, brown sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Transfer plum mixture to pastry. Place back in oven 22 to 27 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- Makes 1 Pie
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 55 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved