Quinoa is a perfect medium for a healthy & lively salad. Add whatever ingredients you want and omit ingredients that you don’t want.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 24 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 English Cucumber (Peeled & Diced)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (Seeded & Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Red, Yellow, Orange, Or Green Pepper Slices
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pine nuts on baking sheet and toast 2 to 4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- Bring 2 quart salted water to boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes until quinoa is tender. Drain quinoa and rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
- Place quinoa in large-size serving bowl. Add toasted pine nuts. Stir in cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, pepper slices, parsley, and basil. Fold in olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 14 Minutes Total Time: 34 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved