Yields or Serves:
Perk up your latkes with Spiced Apple Pear Sauce and you’ll transform your home with an aromatic sweet sensation. McIntosh apples and Bartlett pears lend sweetness while cinnamon and nutmeg offer warm spice notes. It’s easy to make and bursting with natural, juicy flavor.
- 3 McIntosh Apples (Peeled, Cored & Chopped Into 1/2 Inches Pieces)
- 3 Bartlett Pears (Peeled, Cored & Chopped Into 1/2 Inch Pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Water
- In a medium-size saucepan combine apples, pears, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and sugar. Add 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes until apples and pears are very soft, but still a bit chunky.
- Remove from heat and stir a few times and stir a bit until sauce is well combined. Cool to room temperature. Remove cinnamon stick and then whisk until smooth before chilling.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen