Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Cinnamon and clove scented peaches serve as a cooling counterpoint to nearly any dish. Perfect for grilling.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Pounds Peaches (Peeled, Halved, Pitted)
- In medium-size nonreactive pot (such as stainless steel or enamel) combine sugar, vinegar, cloves, and cinnamon with 1/3cup water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Turn down heat to a medium-low. Add peaches. Cook without boiling 10 to 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peaches, cavity side down, to a clean, quart-sized jar. Add cinnamon and cloves. Ladle in syrup, filling to within 1/2 inch of rim. Place in refrigerator and chill. Peaches will keep for up to 2 months.
- Makes 1 Quart Jar
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved