Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Now that the holidays are over many of us are trying to skinny down our meals. Spicy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers is a delicious meatless dish that is perfect for dinner, lunch or brunch.
- 2 Cups Salsa (Divided)
- 2 Jalapeños Peppers (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Black Beans (Drained)
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Bell Peppers (Halved Lengthwise, Seeds & Membranes Removed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup salsa in bottom of casserole dish. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine 1 cup salsa, jalapeño peppers, mushrooms, spinach, jack cheese, sour cream, and beans. Add beaten eggs, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill bell pepper halves with egg mixture. Place in casserole dish.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Garnish with shredded cheese if desired.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved