Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Basil, Basil Leaves, Buttermilk, Cooking Light, Garlic, Green Onions, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Light Side, No-Cook Tomato Basil Soup, Oil, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Salt, Soups, Tomato Basil Soup, Tomato Soup, Tomatoes, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Don’t like to cook? Short on time? Here is a super easy way to create a great soup without really lifting a finger. Of course if you want to heat it up then by all means be my guest.
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk (Fat-Free If You’re Watching Your Calories)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Medium Beefsteak Tomatoes (Cored & Quartered)
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Combine buttermilk, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and garlic in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place 1 cup soup in 4 bowls.
- Serve with crusty bread and green salad.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen