Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Strawberries are one of spring’s delights. Instead of buying those premade spongy things at the grocery store make your own, which is so much better.
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Pints Strawberries (Sliced)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Chilled)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Milk (More If Needed)
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- To Make Topping: In medium-size bowl combine honey and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- To Make Shortcake: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add sour cream. Lightly mix with fork. Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough. On lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 3 inch biscuit cutter. Re-roll dough as necessary to make six shortcakes. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Place in oven 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To Make Cream: In large-size bowl beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- To Assemble: When ready to serve, split shortcakes in half. Place bottom half on serving plates. Top with half of strawberries and half of cream. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved