Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Treat your Valentine to a Valentine’s Day cupcake. Or just bring a batch of these delicious little guys to the office and you’ll be a Valentine’s Day hero.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 9 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cupcakes Position oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with baking cups.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- In large-size bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- In medium-size bowl combine cocoa powder and boiling water. Mix until smooth. In increments alternately add cocoa mixture and dry ingredient to butter mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula during mixing process.
- Fill muffin tins about halfway. Place in oven and bake 18 minutes until cupcakes spring back when touched. Remove from oven and cook 10 minutes before removing from pans. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting In medium-size bowl whisk together cocoa powder and powdered sugar until well blended. In large-size bowl beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually add cocoa mixture. Beat until well combined. Add milk and vanilla extract and beat until frosting is nice and smooth.
- Makes 20 Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 38 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved