Yields or Serves: 4
When it’s hot outside and I have tomatoes on the counter then I know it is gazpacho time. I added watermelon because I wanted my gazpacho to be a bit sweeter. Oh, so pretty and so delicious. Garnish with chopped avocado or diced cucumbers.
- 1 Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Peeled English Cucumber (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Cups Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- 7 Cups Chopped Seedless Watermelon
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Basil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Place chopped onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, jalapeño, and basil to food processor or blender. Add tomatoes and pulse until puréed. Add watermelon and pulse again until nice and smooth. Transfer to large-size bowl. Whisk in red wine vinegar, kosher salt and olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. It’s best chilled overnight.
- Add more kosher salt and/or red wine vinegar if needed.
- Garnish with chopped avocado or diced cucumbers.
- Serve cold.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes Chill Time: 120 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved