Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food. This Thai classic, featuring ginger, coconut milk and lime, is a quick and delicious twist on the classic.
- 1 Package Rice Noodles (8.8 Ounces)
- 12 Ounces Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Limes
- 1 1/2 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 16 Ounces Frozen Stir-Fry Asian Vegetables
- 3 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 13.5 Ounces Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Juice 1 lime and cut the other into quarters. Peel ginger and chop into fine pieces.
- In large-size saucepan heat oil over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté 2 minutes. Add ginger and cook 2 minutes more. Add vegetables and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles, lime juice, fish sauce, and kosher salt.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved