Asparagus is in season and readily available, which means spring is not far behind. Asparagus Pasta can be served as a main meal or as a side course.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Pounds Fresh Asparagus (Washed & Trimmed)
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- In medium-size pot add water and bring to boil. Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In small-size bowl combine Dijon mustard, olive oil, shallots, garlic, and anchovy paste.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving some pasta water.
- In large-size serving bowl mix pasta with asparagus and Dijon mustard mixture. Add some reserved pasta water if you need a bit more moisture. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time:15 Minutes Total Time:30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved