Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baby Zucchini, Basil, Cooking Light, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Italian Cooking, Kosher Salt, Light Side, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Pasta, Salt, Serrano Chili, Spaghetti, Spaghetti With Tomatoes & Baby Zucchini, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Zucchini
Baby zucchini are very tender, tasty simple vegetables that have more flavor than the larger Italian zucchini, which is why I like to cook with them. I decided to make a vegetarian pasta dish with baby zucchini and tomatoes that ended up tasting fresh and light.
- 1 Pound Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Basil (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Small Serrano Chili (Seeded & Minced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 12 Ounces Spaghetti
- 6 Baby Zucchinis (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In large-size bowl toss together tomatoes, basil, parsley, Serrano chili, garlic, kosher salt, and olive oil.
- In large-size pot of boiling salted water cook spaghetti, drain and add pasta to bowl, while still hot. Add zucchini and toss. Add grated cheese. Toss one more time.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen