Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 100 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: About 20 bars
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
These delicious dessert bars are topped with sweet and tangy blackberries and coconut.
- 4 Cups Fresh Or Frozen Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Dark Or Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Dark Or Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 24 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted/Slightly Cooled)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Filling: In medium-size bowl toss berries with coconut, brown sugar, orange zest, and kosher salt. Pour filling into 9” square pan or shallow dish and place in oven 40 minutes. Berries should be floating in a pool of shallow juice, but not drowning in it. If berries are drowning just pour off some juices. Set aside to cool.
- Topping: In large-size bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, and kosher salt. Gently beat in melted butter and vanilla. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Line 9x13” pan with parchment paper.
- Measure out 7 cups of topping: 4 cups for base and 3 cups for top.
- Place 4 cups mixture into prepared pan. Press down firmly to form a solid base. Place in oven 15 to 20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon cooked filling over base. Gently cover filling with 3 cups of topping to form a layer that covers fruit without any large gaps peeking through.
- Place back in oven 35 to 40 minutes until top is golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from pan by lifting parchment paper. Set them on cutting board.
- Cut into 20 bars
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 100 Minutes Total Time: 130 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved