Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
The best panna cotta that I’ve ever had was in Venice. Thick and creamy, but not too heavy. Here’s a holiday twist on an Italian classic, which I call an ode to wonderful maple syrup.
- 2 Cups Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 4 Teaspoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add maple syrup to medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in half & half.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle gelatin over maple mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low (just to warm mixture) and whisk until gelatin has dissolved. Make sure not to simmer or bring to a boil. Whisk in vanilla and kosher salt.
- Divide among 12 dessert cups (6 ounces each). Cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or until set. Can last in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serves 12
- "Work With What You Got!”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen