Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 5 Average: 4.4/5]
Everyone at your holiday table will love this stuffing. If you don’t want to use cornbread then feel free to substitute Pullman bread instead of the cornbread.
- 6 Cups Cubed Cornbread
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cups Chopped Leeks (3 Large Leeks – White & Pale Green Parts Only)
- 2 Chopped Celery Ribs
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Thyme
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 2 Peeled & Diced Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Cups Peeled Roasted Chestnuts (Diced)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cornbread cubes on parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Increase heat to 425 degrees.
- In a large-size skillet melt butter over a medium heat. Add leeks, onions, and celery. Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add thyme, and apples. Cook, covered, for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large-size bowl place cornbread. Add cooked leek mixture, chestnuts, cream, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Spread in shallow, buttered, baking dish.
- OR stuff your turkey with the stuffing mixture. I personally like to stuff the bird.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until top is golden.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen