Chunky Buttermilk Apple Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 2/3Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 3 Cups Peeled & Thinly Sliced Apples
- 1/2 Cups Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk. Beat until smooth after each addition. Mix in apples and walnuts by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over batter.
- Place in oven 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved