Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
You may need to special order this cut of lamb a few days ahead of when you plan to serve it.
- 5 to 7 Pounds Whole Leg Of Lamb (With Bone)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Snipped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Snipped Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Snipped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Slivered)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim any fat from meat. Using a paring knife cut 1/2 inch wide slits about 1 inch deep into roast. Drizzle lemon juice over meat’s surface and into slits.
- In small-size bowl combine parsley, basil, rosemary, onion salt, and pepper. Rub mixture onto meat and into slits. Insert garlic into slits.
- Place leg of lamb, fat side up, on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven meat thermometer into center of roast. Thermometer should not touch bone. Place in oven, uncovered, for 105 minutes until thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. After standing 15 minutes temperature of meat should be 145 degrees.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.
- Serves 10
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen