Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 4/5]
Peach cobbler is easy to make and can feed a crowd. It’s my “go to” dessert when peaches are in season and I need a big dessert. Easy Peach Cobbler screams summer!
- Peach Filling:
- 12 Medium to Large Fresh Peaches (Peeled & Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Teaspoons Coarse Sugar For Sprinkling On Top
- Peel peaches and then slice into sections. Place in large-size bowl. Add melted butter and lemon juice. Toss to coat peaches. In a separate bowl mix together sugar and flour. Sprinkle sugar mixture over peaches. Gently toss with spatula until peaches are coated.
- Butter a large-size glass baking dish. Pour peaches into baking dish and set aside.
- For topping: In medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gently add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Dollop topping in blobs on top of peach mixture until you’ve used all of topping. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place cobbler in oven for 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 375 and bake another 20 to 25 minutes until topping is golden and peach filling is bubbly. You want to make sure topping is a rather deep golden brown or you run the risk of under-baked center.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 12.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin