Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
This just might be the perfect dish. It’s beautiful, delicious, healthy and easy to make. Like most good salads, it works well with variations. Try adding a little tuna, or serve it alongside steak or fish. Just be sure to use your best olive oil, and enough salt and pepper. This salad can be made a day ahead. For the best results on the second day, bring it to room temperature before serving and refresh it with a touch of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- 2 Cups Farro
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 Medium English Cucumber (Diced)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves (Torn)
- In medium-size pan combine farro with 2 quarts water and 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Bring to boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, until farro is al dente. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water immediately. Drain and transfer to large-size bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, half of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Mix well. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and basil leaves. Finish with remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Add more kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved