If you can find only large leeks then just use four. They’ll take a bit longer to cook, but cook them until they’re tender.
Asparagus & Leeks Vinaigrette
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 24 ratings
- 8 Slender Leeks
- 1 Bunch White Asparagus (Peeled)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Peel asparagus with vegetable peeler and trim. Bring a large-size pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 5 minutes until tender. Remove to colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in 5 quart Dutch oven heat 3 quarts water to boiling over a high heat. Meanwhile, cut off roots from leeks and trim to 6 inches. Throw away green tops. Beginning at green end make 4 inch long slit in each leek. Cut almost halfway through leaving 2 inches of root end uncut. Rinse leeks in large bowl of cold water. Swish to remove sand. Transfer to colander to drain leaving sand in bottom of bowl.
- Add leeks and 2 teaspoons kosher salt to boiling water in Dutch oven. Cook 10 minutes until tender. Transfer leeks to colander. Rinse with cold running water. Drain and pat dry.
- Prepare vinaigrette. In small-size bowl whisk vinegar, mustard, remaining kosher salt, and pepper until blended. In thin steady stream whisk in oil until blended. Then whisk in parsley.
- Arrange leeks and asparagus on serving dish. Spoon vinaigrette over.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved