Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Yesterday I found beautiful fresh figs at an island farm stand. They are delicious eating on their own, but I also put them in a stunning summer salad.
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Small Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Smashed)
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Rind From 1 Lemon (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 8 Fresh Figs (Quartered)
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Or Burrata (Torn)
- 3 Ounces Sliced Prosciutto Or Ham
- In medium-size skillet add olive oil. Turn heat to medium. Add tomatoes, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, lemon rind, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook 10 to 15 minutes until tomatoes begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- In large-size serving platter or bowl combine arugula, basil, and figs. Top with mozzarella or burrata and prosciutto. Spoon tomato mixture over salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved