Yields or Serves: Makes About 3 Cups
This bean dip is full of fresh garlic, sage, and rosemary and has a creamy texture. Any canned white beans can be used in place of cannellini. This dip is great with crostini, pita, radish slices, or used as a sandwich spread. Serve hot or cold.
- 1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 38 Ounces Cannellini Beans (Drained)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In medium-size skillet add 1/4 cup olive oil. Turn heat to medium-high. Add garlic, sage, and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute until garlic is just beginning to brown. Add beans and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and transfer to food processor. Add lemon juice, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl. Drizzle remaining olive oil.
- You can serve this dip for crudités or crackers; spread over toast, sandwiches, wraps, or rice cakes; dolloped on grain bowls with grilled vegetables; slathered on top of burgers; tossed into pasta; thinned out with water, oil or lemon juice for a healthy salad dressing.
- Makes About 3 Cups
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved