Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
Tags: Apple Stuffing, Apples, Celery, Chia Bread, Flax Seeds, Garlic, Gluten Free Apple Stuffing, Gluten Free Stuffing, Gracious Vintage, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Millet Bread, Olive Oil, Pepper, Sage, Salt, Shallots, Side Dishes, Stuffing, Thanksgiving, Tiny New York Kitchen, Turkey, Turmeric, Vegetable Broth, Victoria Hart Glavin, Water
Apple is the secret ingredient to any wow-worthy stuffing. This gluten free take on the classic side dish will be an instant Thanksgiving hit.
- 1 Loaf Millet & Chia Bread (Crust Removed/Cubed)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Celery (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Shallot (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Medium Red Apples (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/8 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease medium-size casserole dish and set aside.
- Make a flax egg by combine ground flaxseeds with water and let stand for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Spread bread cubes on cookie sheet and bake until bread begins to crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In medium-size skillet, over a medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add celery, shallots, apples, sage, garlic, turmeric, kosher salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to large-size bowl along with flax egg, broth, and bread cubes. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish. Cover with foil and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until stuffing is set and top is golden brown.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved