Roast Turkey With Sage, Orange & White Wine
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- One 12 to 14 Pound Turkey (Giblets Removed)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- Zest Of 1 Orange
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Sage
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Bottle Dry White Wine
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- Handful Fresh Sage Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat turkey dry and place on rack in roasting pan.
- In small-size bowl combine butter, orange zest, sage, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. Lift turkey’s skin at the neck and separate skin from breast meat. Rub half butter mixture under the skin, and rub the rest over the skin. Season skin with additional kosher salt and pepper.
- Fold turkey wings under the bird and tie legs together with twine. Pour orange juice and wine into roasting pan. Add sage leaves to liquid.
- Place in oven 2 to 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Tent with foil if skin gets too dark. Cook until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 30 minutes before carving.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 180 Minutes Total Time: 200 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved