Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Don’t throw away that leftover pumpkin. Make pancakes with it.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 Cup Unbleached White Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Eggs (Separated)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or Sour Milk
- 3 Teaspoons Melted Butter
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- In a large-size bowl combine whole-wheat flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In another large-size bowl beat egg yolks, buttermilk, and butter.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- In a separate medium-size bowl beat egg whites until they hold firm peaks. Fold them into batter.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter at a time onto preheated, lightly greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook other side until lightly browned.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or honey
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen