Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 8 Rolls
The dough in this recipe can be made and shaped the night before you serve them. All you need to do is put them in the oven. A delicious vanilla icing offers the finishing touch by adding just the right amount of sweetness to the just baked rolls.
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted And Cooled)
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Package Quick Rise Yeast (2 1/4 Teaspoons)
- 4 1/2 To 5 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- To make the dough: In large-size bowl combine milk, sugar, melted butter, eggs, and yeast. Add 4 1/2 cup flour and kosher salt. Beat on medium-low until a soft dough forms and does not stick to the bowl. If dough is too wet just add a bit more flour.
- Shape dough into a ball. Grease large-size bowl and add dough ball to the bowl. Turn the ball to coat it. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Dough should double in size.
- To make the filling: In medium-size bowl add brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
- Lightly flour a hard surface. Turn risen dough out onto floured surface. Press down on dough to release any air bubbles. Dust top with flour. Roll out dough into rectangle (approx. 14x16”). Spread filling evenly over dough leaving a 1-inch border. Roll rectangle into a log. Pinch seam to seal. Cut log crosswise into 8 equal slices. Each slice should be about 2 inches thick.
- Grease 9x13” baking pan. Arrange slices with cut side up in prepared pan. Cover pan loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until doubled in size. You may refrigerate rolls overnight until doubled in size (8 to 12 hours) and then let stand at room temperature for about an hour baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and place in oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in pan 15 minutes.
- To make the icing: While rolls are cooling make the icing. Sift powdered sugar into medium-size bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Beat on low. Gradually beat in milk a bit at a time to make a thick, but pourable icing.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls.
- Serve rolls warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8 Rolls
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Rise Time: 240 Minutes Total Time: 330 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved