When my son and daughter were young I used to make stew and serve it in mini pumpkins before going out to trick-or-treat. Here is a healthy stew to serve your little goblins before tonight’s big excitement.
Healthy Halloween Stew
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 28 ratings
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Onions
- 2 Gloves Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (More If Needed)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 2 Medium Potatoes (Diced)
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Green Beans
- Mini Pumpkins
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- In large-size skillet add olive oil over a medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook 5 minutes until golden. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Add onions and garlic. Cook another 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, and potatoes. Cover with lid and cook 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Prepare Mini Pumpkins: Cut circle around each stem. Gently move stem to release. Set aside. Remove insides of pumpkin and season with kosher salt. Rub outside of pumpkin with olive oil and place on cookie sheet with tops. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
- To serve fill each mini pumpkin with stew and replace pumpkin top.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 65 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved