Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
Use your ice cream maker to create this rich and creamy strawberry ice cream. Homemade strawberry ice cream has the perfect fresh strawberry flavor that captures the spring season perfectly.
- 2 Cups Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sugar (Divided)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In medium-size bowl combine strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar. Allow to stand on counter for 20 minutes until strawberries release their juices.
- Add strawberries, with any juices, to food processor or blender and pulse until blended.
- In large-size bowl combine strawberry mixture with heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and remaining sugar. Set aside.
- Pour strawberry cream mixture into prepared ice cream maker. Allow to run according to manufacturer’s directions (usually about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Remove from ice cream maker and transfer to container. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved