Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
If you know me at all then you know how much I love ice cream. Chock-full of strawberries, this ice cream makes a delightful summer dessert.
- 3 3/4 Cups Sliced Fresh Strawberries
- 2 1/4 Plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 4 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 3/4 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (Split Lengthwise)
- 12 Egg Yolks
- In medium-size bowl mix berries, 1/2 cup sugar, and Grand Marnier. Crush berries slightly with spoon. Let stand. Stir occasionally.
- In heavy large-size saucepan combine cream and milk. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean. Add bean. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. In large-size bowl whisk egg yolks and remaining 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually whisk in cream mixture. Return to saucepan. Stir over a low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across. Do not boil. Strain into large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Fold strawberries into custard. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Do this in batches if necessary. Freeze ice cream in covered container until firm.
- Makes 2 1/4 Quarts
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved