Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I have to admit it I REALLY like to bake. There’s something so magical about a mixing bowl and an oven. I bake all year round and always share with those around me who help me from day to day. I even put freshly baked goodies in my mailbox for the mail carrier to snack on during his deliveries.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries Or Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease square 8x8 baking pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Combine well. Fold in dried cranberries. Press into prepared pan.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Makes 15 Bars
- Prep Tie: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved