Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Occasionally I have a deep need to eat the foods that I grew up on. Growing up in Lincoln, Nebraska there were basically three ethnicities, German, Czech, and Russian. I grew up in the Czech community, but to be honest German, Czech, and Russian food is pretty much the same. My mother made this Pickled Red Cabbage recipe. I loved it as a child and I still love it today.
- 1 Large Red Cabbage (Shredded)
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Honey Or Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil Or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Shred or grate cabbage. Place in large-size bowl and add olive oil. Add apple cider vinegar and honey. Toss to mix well. Add kosher salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and store in glass jars and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved