Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I’m so into pickling that it’s ridiculous! It’s so easy and these Pickled Red Onions really bring a pop to most any dish. I love putting them in salads, on top of homemade pizzas, and in sandwiches. The possibilities are endless.
- 1/2 Jalapeño (Chopped Into Rings)
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Large Red Onion (Halved And Sliced Into Rings)
- Remove seeds from jalapeno and throw away. Chop into rings.
- Add all ingredients, except red onions, to a medium-size saucepan. Bring to boil over a medium heat. Stir occasionally. Turn heat down to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add red onion rings. Cover and let steep 30 minutes. Transfer to canning jar. Cover with lid and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Preferably longer before using.
- Makes 1 Pickled Red Onion
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved