Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
A beautifully green colored soup garnished with a touch of cream is perfect for these cold winter days.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Peeled & Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Pints Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Pound Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- In large-size saucepan melt butter over a medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes until soft. Stir in flour and cook 3 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth. Stir in spinach leaves and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée in food processor or blender. Return to saucepan and add lemon juice, kosher salt, and pepper. Re-heat over a low heat for 6 minutes and serve hot with a swirl of cream in each bowl.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen