Yields or Serves:
Many Friday afternoons I make dishes to have on hand for the weekend in case I’m too busy to cook and don’t feel like going out to dinner. For this weekend I’ve made an easy Weekend Chili. When it sits overnight in the fridge it has time for the flavors to meld. It’s perfect to pull out for either lunch or dinner. Serve with a green salad and corn bread.
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo
- 1/2 Pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Green Peppers (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro (Chopped) – Optional
- 15.5 Ounces Small Red Beans
- 16 Ounces Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- In a large-size pot add adobo, beef or turkey, onions, green peppers, garlic, pepper, and kosher salt. Cook over a medium-high heat for 15 minutes until meat is browned. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or store in refrigerator overnight.
- Serves 4
- © Victoria Hart Glavin