Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Thin lamb chops cook quickly, but that doesn’t leave much time for a deeply browned sear. The solution is to coat them in yogurt. The sugars in the dairy caramelize into a crust, while the built-in acidity tenderizes the meat and adds tang.
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 2 Pound Lamb Chops (Rib, Shoulder, Or Loin)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (Divided)
- In medium-size bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. Transfer 1/2 cup yogurt mixture to small-size bowl and set aside for serving. In remaining yogurt mixture stir in cumin, coriander, turmeric, and allspice.
- Season lamb chops with kosher salt and pepper. Using your hands evenly coat all sides of chops with spiced yogurt mixture. Avoid the bone if they’re frenched. Let chops sit at room temperature 30 minutes or cover and chill up to 12 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large-size heavy skillet over a medium-high heat. Wipe off excess marinade from lamb chops and cook half of chops 3 minutes per side until nicely browned. The yogurt marinade will help chops take on color quickly. Remove chops from skillet and pour off fat. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and remaining chops.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve with reserved yogurt mixture alongside.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 52 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved