Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This dish is pure comfort food! It’s so easy to make and comes together quickly. It’s nearly impossible to mess this recipe up. Serve Chicken Parmigiana by itself or over cooked pasta.
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onions (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 28 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large-size saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Pour mixture into medium-size bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Stir in tomatoes, kosher salt, and pepper. Heat to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Between two large-size pieces of waxed paper, flatten chicken by using a meat hammer, mallet or rolling pin to pound or roll the chicken pieces to an even thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- In shallow dish mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- In separate shallow dish beat egg.
- Dip chicken into egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In the same skillet that you were using heat remaining olive oil over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 15 minutes turning once. You will want to make sure chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Pour tomato mixture around chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken and cover with lid. Cook for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve over cooked pasta.
- Serves 4
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin