Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Using a slow cooker to make risotto is perfect for not having to stand at the stove and constantly stir the rice, which makes this vegetarian dish a great option even on a busy weeknight. Medium thick asparagus spears are the best choice for this recipe.
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Divided)
- 2 Leeks (White & Light Green Parts Quartered Lengthwise And Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Arborio Or Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Grated Zest & Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth (Heated)
- 1 Pound Asparagus (Trim Ends & Cut Spears On Diagonal Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to sauté pan and turn heat to a medium. Melt butter and then add leeks, kosher salt, pepper. Cook 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil to sauté pan. Melt butter and add rice. Cook, stirring, 4 minutes until toasted and golden. Add wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 minute until wine has completely absorbed. Return leeks to sauté pan.
- Transfer sauté pan ingredients to slow cooker. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and broth. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes.
- Uncover slow cooker and stir in asparagus. Re-cover and continue to cook on high 30 minutes longer. Rice should be tender, but still slightly firm to the bite at the center of each grain and the mixture should be creamy.
- Uncover and stir in Parmesan. Adjust seasoning if needed. If risotto is too thick then thin with hot broth to desired consistency.
- Spoon into warmed shallow bowls and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved