Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Tags: Appetizers, Basil, Capers, Caprese Salads, Dinner, Gracious Vintage, Italian Cooking, Kosher Salt, Lunch, Mediterranean Salads, Mozzarella Cheese, Olive Oil, Parsley, Pepper, Pesto, Pesto Caprese Salad, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tomatoes, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin
I love this traditional Mediterranean appetizer of fresh caprese salad with mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and pesto. This salad makes for a nice light lunch or as a side salad for dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Capers (Drained)
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Pound Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (Sliced)
- 3 Large Tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil (Torn)
- 8 Tablespoons Pesto
- In medium-size bowl combine parsley, dried basil, oregano, capers, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On serving platter or large shallow serving bowl arrange mozzarella and sliced tomatoes. Add torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil mixture. Top with basil.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved