Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes About 12 Popcorn Balls
I grew up making popcorn balls with my mother. Halloween just wasn’t the same if we didn’t have these delicious treats. Feel free to mix in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, candy corn, or any other fun additions.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 10 Cups Popcorn
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Honey Roasted Peanuts (Optional)
- In medium-size saucepan melt butter over a medium heat. Add sugars and honey. Cook to 300 degrees over a medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until syrup is thick and smooth. Add baking soda and stir carefully to incorporate.
- Remove any unpopped kernels from popcorn. Place popcorn in a lightly oiled bowl. Pour caramel syrup over popcorn and toss to combine using an oiled wooded spoon. When popcorn has cooled slightly, but is not quite set, mix in the salt and optional peanuts. With oiled hands, form the mix into 2-inch balls. Keep a bowl of cold water nearby to dip your hands into if the mixture gets warm and sticky. Place balls on a sheet try and once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- Feel free to mix in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips or candy corn when adding the salt.
- Makes About 12 Popcorn Balls
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved