Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
These potatoes are extremely popular on my holiday table. You may peel the potatoes the day before and cover them with cold water and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook them. I highly recommend you use a potato ricer for these potatoes to get the creamiest potatoes.
- 4 To 5 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled, Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Plus More For Cooking Potatoes)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1 Shallot (Sliced)
- 1 Large Fresh Thyme Sprig
- 1 Large Fresh Rosemary Sprig
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- In large-size pot place potatoes. Add water to cover by about 3 inches. Add kosher salt and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are nice and tender when pierced with a knife. Drain well.
- In small-size sauce pan add heavy cream. Add garlic, shallot, thyme, and rosemary. Turn heat to a medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes until cream is reduced to about 1 cup. Strain cream through a fine-mesh sieve and keep warm.
- Working in batches pass potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. Add butter and gradually pour in the cream. Stir constantly until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Stir in chives, kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 8 To 10
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved