Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bread Crumbs, Butter, Chick Peas, Chicken, Cooking Light, Crispy Chicken Romaine Salad, Croutons, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Lettuce, Light Side, Olive Oil, Olives, Parmesan Cheese, Red Wine Vinegar, Romaine Lettuce, Salads, Tomatoes, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, Week Nights, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
This is a great weeknight meal! Healthy, hearty, and delicious!!
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (Cut Into 1/2 Inch Thick Strips)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Chick Peas
- 6 Cups Torn Romaine Lettuce
- 1 1/2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes (Cut In Half)
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Olives
- 1/3 Cup Croutons
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and butter. Roll chicken in crumb mixture. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and coating is crisp.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, stir together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and kosher salt. Stir in chick peas. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl arrange lettuce and tomatoes. Top with dressing, chicken, croutons, and olives. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 4
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin