Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
Another Czech dish that I grew up eating was Veal Goulash. Perfect for these cold winter nights.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Shoulder Of Veal (Cubed)
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion (Chopped)
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- In large-size pot melt butter over a medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook 5 minutes until browned. Add veal and kosher salt.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Cover pot with lid and let meat simmer, in juices for 1 hour. You will want veal to be nice and tender.
- Dust flour over drippings. Stir until brown. Add beef stock and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm with crusty bread and side salad.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen