Garlic & Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Cut Into Cubes)
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Slices Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled)
- 2 Green Onions (Finely Sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off very top of garlic bulb. Drizzle olive oil into garlic. Wrap in aluminum foil. Place in oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place potatoes in Dutch oven. Cover with water and add 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to boil and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are nice and tender. Drain well.
- Place Dutch oven back on stove and turn heat to a medium. Add butter and half & half. Heat until warm and butter has melted. Add potatoes. Squeeze garlic from skins into mixture. Add remaining kosher salt and pepper. Mash well.
- Mix in bacon and green onions.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved