Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Basil, Butter, Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Chives, Dill, Green Onions, Half & Half, Herbed Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Kosher Salt, Mashed Potatoes, Milk, Pepper, Potatoes, Salt, Side Dishes, Thanksgiving, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unsalted Butter, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without delicious mashed potatoes. Try this twist on a traditional favorite.
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Quartered)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- Place potatoes in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water and boil 20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Keep potatoes in pan. Add butter and green onions to potatoes. Turn heat to a medium-high. Cook 1 minute. Stir in basil, chives, dill, kosher salt, and pepper. Turn heat to low. Add cheese and half & half. Mash with potato masher until smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve warm plain or with gravy.
- Serves 4 to 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved