Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without delicious mashed potatoes. Try this twist on a traditional favorite.
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Quartered)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- Place potatoes in medium-size saucepan. Cover with water and boil 20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Keep potatoes in pan. Add butter and green onions to potatoes. Turn heat to a medium-high. Cook 1 minute. Stir in basil, chives, dill, kosher salt, and pepper. Turn heat to low. Add cheese and half & half. Mash with potato masher until smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve warm plain or with gravy.
- Serves 4 to 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved