Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
The great thing about cranberry sauce is that you can make in up to 3 days in advance, which can save a lot of time and hassle. Just cover and store in the refrigerator and bring it out when dinner is served.
- 3 Cups Fresh Cranberries (12 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Juice of 1 Small Orange
- Zest of 1 Small Orange
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In medium-size saucepan add cranberries. Add water and sugar. Turn heat to medium-low and cook 30 to 60 minutes until berries pop. Stir occasionally. If heat seems too high then turn it down to low. Stir in orange zest and orange juice. Add cinnamon stick and kosher salt. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Make sure to discard cinnamon stick before serving.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved